- 1. What is your middle name?
- 2. Are you wearing makeup?
- 3. What colour is your toothbrush?
- 4. Approximately how many posters are hung up in your room?
- 5. What does your hair product smell like?
- 6. Where would rather be right now?
- 7. What is the temperature outside?
- 8. Have you ever dyed your hair? If so what colour?
- 9. What is the funniest word you know?
- 10. Name your favourite band starting with the letter 'M'
- 11. What is your favourite pick up line? And has anyone ever used it on you?
- 12. Describe your first icon using only verbs
- 13. What is the most expensive thing you have ever bought with your own money?
- 14. State your favourite letter of the alphabet
- 15. What is your favourite accent?
- 16. How did you celebrate the new year?
- 17. What do you call a brown fizzy drink that usually comes in a can?
- 18. Do you like fish?
- 19. What is your most used tag?
- 20. Would you rather ask someone out or be asked out?
- 21. What is your favourite Olympic sport to watch?
- 22. Have you ever dumped anyone?
- 23. What do you want to be when you grow up?
- 24. Have you ever been to the United States? If so, where?
- 25. What instrument have you always wanted to play?
- 26. Describe your dream partner's eye colour
- 27. What do you order at diners?
- 28. Coffee or espressos?
- 29. What is the most annoying song on the radio at the moment?
- 30. How many contacts do you have on your phone?
- 31. What type of music player do you own?
- 32. Describe your favourite painting
- 33. What was the best present you have ever received?
- 34. Spring or Fall? Why?
- 35. What was the last text you received? Who was it from?
- 36. Would you ever paint your room pink?
- 37. What colour is your underwear?
- 38. Favourite perfume scent?
- 39. What celebrity do you think needs to drop off a cliff?
- 40. Do blue eyes turn you on?
- 41. What meat do you prefer in a sandwich?
- 42. Would you ever wear a sweater to school?
- 43. What is the name of your current ringtone?
- 44. Glasses or contacts?
- 45. What shoes do you normally wear to school?
- 46. Where is your nearest television?
- 47. What is your favourite vegetable?
- 48. When was the last time you drank milk?
- 49. What was your lowest grade in school?
- 50. Are you using Google chrome?
And y’all should send me n00ds… Because I love you…
Steve Wilhite, the creator of the GIF, chiming in on the pronunciation of the word. (As everyone knows, choosy memes choose “jif.”) Wilhite, a former CompuServe employee, created the format in 1987 and is to receive an award for his creation tonight. (via shortformblog)
I say it with a hard ‘G’ because 20 years ago when I started messing with GIFs there was no one to tell me how to pronounce it correctly. I chose the most logical pronunciation and went with it. When you get used to saying something a certain way for 20 years… that’s pretty much how you are going to say it no matter how incorrect someone tells you it is.
It’s like someone trying to tell you “Sun” is actually pronounced wombatnards. It’s going to take an awful lot of effort to train your brain to say “I got a really bad wombatnardsburn today. I should have used more wombatnardsblock.”
Hard G 4 life #YOLO
There’s also the fact that the acronym stands for “Graphics Interchange Format” and it is illogical for it to have a soft G when the word it stands for has a hard G. Just because you create something doesn’t mean you get to rewrite the rules of the English language for your own acronym. People who pronounced it with a hard G were technically going by what MOST people who look at an acronym would do; choosing to match the letters sounds up with the words that they stand for.
So sorry, Wilhite, gonna keep on saying the hard G, no matter what your preference is.
It’s OBVIOUS it’s really a hard G because when you write the pronunciation for a soft G you write “jif” not “gif” - which is not the case for the hard G BECAUSE NOTHING ELSE MAKES SENSE. If you have to change the letter for the pronunciation to be correct then obviously your soft G can go straight to hell, Wilhite.
That, and GIF stands for Graphic/al Interchange Format, not Jrafic/al Interchange Format. Thank you.
I lost interest in the hookup and began scanning the room for where I left my phone.
alphaman40-deactivated20130610 asked: I think it was your post I read that you said you went to Denver. How does someone find these types of events or groups? I am looking to meet new friends with people I have things in common with. Any help you could give would be great !
I went to Denver with the Chiver community, or those who follow theChive(dot)com. It was kind of by accident that I got involved with ChiveNation. My best friend kind of bullied me into it, but I’m glad she did.
If the ChiveNation seems like something you’d be interested in, they have a MASSIVE following on Twitter and I’d be happy to help you get established in the community if you have a twitter account. I will warn you that ChiveNation is a lot of straight men and bisexual to lesbian women. In fact, I’m pretty sure I’m the token gay Chiver… But what they lack in gays, they make up for with love an acceptance. Most Chivers are the nicest, sexiest bunch of misfits out there, and don’t care whether you’re gay, straight, bi, black, white, red, purple, etc. They’ll love you just the same.
Now, if ChiveNation isn’t your thing, my first suggestion would be to see if any of your friends are part of or know of a similar group or of a group of people who share your interests. My next suggestion would be to check out any local colleges or universities for similar-interest groups. Many schools will allow you to take part in club activities, whether you’re a student or not. Also try doing a Google search for special interest groups in your city or in a nearby larger city. Salt Lake City has a group called Gays and Geeks that meet once in a while, and I’ve made a few pretty cool friends through that.
Lastly, and least, you could try dating apps. Grindr, Scruff, Hornet, A4A, etc. all have a pretty expansive community these days. The only reason I wouldn’t recommend this is because most of those guys are just looking for a quick f*ck. I have made only one (1) friend so far, and I’ve been using Scruff for a few months now. Everyone else has been more of a “wham, bam, thank you Sam” and you never really talk again.
Hope this helps and good luck! Let me know if you have any other questions!